****Please do not submit to this category if you are not a current CNF subscriber.*** If you are not a subscriber, would like to become a subscriber, or extend your subscription please submit using this category.
For upcoming issues of Creative Nonfiction magazine, we’re considering manuscripts on any subject, in any style. Surprise us! We’re especially interested in work that pushes at the boundaries of the form. We love personal narratives, of course, but we’d love to see more:
- lyric essays and experimental work (however you define that);
- medical and science narratives;
- journalistic pieces;
- historical narratives with modern resonance;
- stories from outside the United States;
- and work that makes us laugh while tackling the serious business of life.
Guidelines: Essays must be previously unpublished and no longer than 4,000 words. Multiple submissions are welcome, as are entries from outside the United States.
Deadline to upload files: 11:59 PM Eastern time, Monday, May 18, 2020.
Fees: $3 convenience fee to submit online, or free for current subscribers to Creative Nonfiction.